Wednesday, July 30, 2014

E-I-E-I-O, or Our little barnyard

I promised you critter pics!  And since then we have a new critter too.  But let me start from the beginning.  We have Shelby.  Our wonderful little Jack Beagle, adopted 9 years ago.  And then we got Zephyr so that she had a playmate.  Zephyr is deaf, and about 6 months younger than Shelby.


Then we got Stoli.  She is totally my baby.  Hubby got a new car so I got a new dog.  Makes sense right?  And you've seen Fanny on her.  She's pretty awesome so only makes it fair that I get an equally awesome dog.  Here she is!


 
She's a minature doxie, long haired and fluffy.
 
 
Then we moved to the farm and got the "Girls"  or as most people would call them chickens.
 
I don't have a picture of all of them seperate but here they are together.
 
Shelldon the little black rooster and the Beatles.  Evan named them....

These are the older girls, named after my favorite musical "Wicked"
Here are Elphaba, Nessa, Glinda, Dorothy, and Boq.  They were my first chickens given to me by my friend.  They are older so may not lay every day but it's what got me hooked.  I wanted more!!  That's what led to me getting the chicks in the above picture.  Had hoped they were all pullets (girls) but turned out Shelldon was a rooster.  But he's so cute and fluffy and little I am keeping him anyways.  The four white ones are named after the Beatles.  John, Paul, Ringo, and George.  Just don't ask me to tell you who is who cause they all look the same.  Hoping they will start laying wihin a month or so.  Then I adopted Johnny and June (not pictured) when a friend had to rehome hers.  They haven't quite messed with the others yet and just kind of do thier own thing when they are all out pecking around the yard.
 
But let me tell you there is nothing better than fresh eggs!
 
 
And just this week we adopted a cat.  Or really I should just say I.  Hubby is not a cat person.  But we live out in the country.  There are mice and such.  And they need to be kept under control right?  So introducing to the blog for I'm sure not the last time...
 
 
 
Cecil!
 
 
 
I leave you with some random pictures of when the chickens were being more photogenic.  If that's possible.
 
 
 
 
 
Until next time!
~A
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment